What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide us. For example, when placing an order, filling out a contact form, signing up for updates, registering, or using other features on our site, as appropriate, we may collect your name, email address, or other details.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a web form, register for an event, subscribe to a membership, make a donation, subscribe to updates, provide us with feedback on products or services, and/or register on our site.
When you purchase/register/donate on the website, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our site offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Customer/member/donor information such as your name, email address, and billing address and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to track registration, memberships, donations, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our payment services to you; for example payment gateways (Stripe) and website analytics (Google Analytics).
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- Personal Data is generally used to respond to respond to a request or comment you’ve made.
- To track event registration
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email inquiries)
- Ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Providing you with alerts, updates, educational materials or information that you requested or signed up for;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations;
- Legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice;
- Researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- Promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in clause 2.2 below); or
- Purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We do not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf (Google Analytics).
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred only when you have opted in to updates.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.