On September 26, 2012, Governor Brown signed into law Assembly Bill 2296, Chapter 585, Statues of 2012 that requires institutions governed by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 to make the following disclosures to prospective students:
Effective January 1, 2013 California Education Code CCE §94897(p) requires the following disclosures to be made to prospective students:
- The Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis (ICP) is approved by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) to operate as an Institution Non-Accredited. ICP’s school code with the Bureau is 25168. This institution is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Receiving a Psy.D. or Ph.D. from ICP does not make students eligible to sit for applicable licensure exams in California or other states.
- Receiving a Psy.D. or Ph.D. from ICP, an unaccredited institution, may not be recognized for some employment positions, including, but not limited to, positions with the State of California.
- A student enrolled in a degree program at ICP is not eligible for federal financial aid programs.
Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students
This institution is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree
programs. To continue to offer degree programs, this institution must meet the following
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United
States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one
- ICP has been granted an extension until September 2021 to complete the accreditation process.
- If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, the following will happen:
- The institution must stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall
have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
ICP is also approved to train qualified academicians in psychoanalysis under the California Research Psychoanalyst law regulated by the Medical Board of California.
For more information please visit The Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education’s website at www.bppe.ca.gov
BPPE Annual Reports
ICP Performance Fact Sheet
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY PSYCHOANALYSIS PERFORMANCE FACT SHEET 2015-2016, 2016-2017
This School Performance Fact Sheet is made available to all prospective students, in fulfillment of the requirements set forth in Section 94902 of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009, which is effective January 1, 2010, and for the purpose of supporting informed choice.
The most recent School Performance Fact Sheets filled with the BPPE are available below by clicking the following links:
San Diego Branch
San Diego SPFS Doctor of Psychoanalysis 2015-2016
San Diego SPFS PHD Psychoanalysis 2015-2016
San Diego SPFS PPT 2015-2016
San Diego SPFS Extension 2015-2016
San Diego SPFS Saturday Series 2015-2016
This Fact Sheet is filed with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Regardless of any information you may have relating to completion rates, placement rates, starting salaries, or licensed exam passage rates, this Fact Sheet contains the information as calculated pursuant to state law.
Any questions a student may have regarding this Fact Sheet that have not been satisfactorily answered by the Institute may be directed to:
The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818