At its formation in 1991, ICP embraced the founding members’ philosophy that a vital and inclusive analytic Institute should comprise the tenets of academic freedom, participatory democracy and the diversity of contemporary theory. We strive to maintain these values as we develop not only as a school with walls, but an influence beyond those walls with a local, national and international presence. Academically, we maintain our uniqueness by remaining innovative and continually open to the development and dissemination of contemporary psychoanalytic concepts. The diversity and participation of our members, candidates, students and community are the cornerstone of our Institute and our future.
ICP is a diverse volunteer community comprised of members, candidates, students, corresponding members and staff who partner with local and extended communities to provide cutting edge forums for psychoanalytic education and thinking.
We strive to promote an environment of free inquiry, a sense of community, a culture of inclusion, invitation, dignity and respect for the therapeutic process.
This is accomplished through an ever evolving curriculum, utilizing innovative technology and multiple training methods.
- Provide forums for intellectual discussion
- Develop partnerships with other academic organizations
- Offer classes beyond our walls
- Explore and promote member, candidate and student involvement in all aspects of ICP
- Explore and support avenues for intellectual contributions and research
- Hold an annual Board retreat to review the progress toward the ICP vision
- Develop innovative curriculum ideas which will be implemented in a timely manner
- Review the need for an ICP academic advisor who would facilitate the education of candidates and assist in the training of faculty
- Develop a Charitable Foundation status
- Create a new interactive website
- Develop a marketing plan to attract potential candidates.